Last week, a friend pointed me in the direction of the @bookbento Instagram account, and I was instantly smitten.
I decided I had to give #bookbento a try, but you all know the types of books I love to read…so, I’m doing #trashybookbento:
The book is the “fem lib” novel The Fun City Girls by Ruth Harris.
Still life also includes:
- A wasabi-flavored Kit Kat.
- An audio cassette of the legendary, all-girl hair metal band Vixen.
- A Gemma Flack Aries sticker.
- A pink lemonade-flavored Lip Smacker that is probably older than most of the folks on Instagram. #classic #germs
- My favorite cheap sunglasses from Target.
I think this collection of items perfectly captures the spirit of the book…a kinda tacky, but fierce (for its time) confection.